Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the above trainee positions. Reporting To: Printing Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the printing processes, machine setting, operation of the printing press and press quality control activities to meet City of Harare's printing needs.
- Setting of Litho Printing Machines.
- Producing lithographically printed jobs in single colour and full colour work.
- Printing Machine Operation and minding.
- Maintaining printing machines.
- Ensuring Quality control on the printing operations.
- Enforcing Occupational Health and Safety standards.
- Setting of numbering boxes and serializing jobs up to 10 in order to view.
- Mentoring of semi-skilled workers and apprentices.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 G.C.E" 0" level subjects at Grade C or better including English Language and Math ematics.
- National Craft Certificate in Print Finishing.
- Class 1 Journeyman Printer or Equivalent qualification.
- Have at least 4 years post qualification experience in the relevant field.
- Aclean Class 4 Driver's License is an added advantage.
- Computer Literacy.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage self.
- High levels of integrity.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Team player.
How to Apply
Written applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of Educational and Professional Certificates should be submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.0 Box 1680,
Rowan Martin Building
OR Hand deliver to Records office, Basement, Rowan Martin Building
NB: Canvassing will disqualify applicants City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits which will be disclosed at the interview.
Deadline: 24 March 2023