Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above-mentioned post.
Gwanda State University is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates and differently abled people are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile safety programs.
- Practice safe working techniques.
- Implement and maintain health and safety standards.
- Establish a cordial and professional relationship with employees.
- Maintain compliance with all safety regulations.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to share best practice techniques.
- Standardize health and safety in order to remain consistent.
- Identify hazardous waste and disposing of it correctly.
- Promote safety initiatives.
- Compile and maintain relevant registers to ensure compliance.
- Regularly inspect equipment and construction sites.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Environmental Health and Safety or equivalent.
- Proficient in MS Office application.
- Valid First Aid certificate is an added advantage
Experience and Qualities
- At least two (2) years post qualification experience.
- Proven experience as a Health and safety officer.
Conditions of Service: Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
How to Apply
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to email@example.com or hand delivered to:
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 03 February 2023