Gwanda State University Is Looking For A Senior Water Technician (1 Post)
Duties And Responsibilities
- Serves as a lead to lower level water quality technician staff, which includes: prioritizing, assigning, and monitoring work;
- providing direction; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Coordinates the backflow cross connection program, which includes: attending preconstruction meetings; reviewing plans and ensuring compliance with applicable ordinances; performing commercial property inspections; inspecting water connections on potable water systems, new construction, existing facilities, and/or other applicable structures; monitoring lead and copper levels in applicable systems; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Investigates, researches, and resolves complaints associated with water quality.
- Performs a variety of water quality inspections and enforces applicable ordinances.
- Issues notices of violations for water quality non-compliance issues.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records, reports, notices, and/or other related documents.
- Supervises and participates in the collection and testing of water samples to identify trihalomethanes, haas, lead, copper, well, bacteriological, chlorine, and nitrates to identify potentially hazardous levels in the drinking water supply.
- Adds sample rods to pulled samples.
- Implements corrective measures to resolve potential water quality problems.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in the resolution of complex water quality issues and problems.
- Monitors the work of external contractors and ensures contract terms and specifications are met.
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of a B-Tech or BSc in Civil/ Water Engineering or Technology
Experience and Qualities
- A minimum of three years experience in the field of water resources provision is a must.
- Knowledge and practice of the following would be advantageous:
- Water and sewer software/application in water related field.
- Solar pumping system for household and irrigation water supplies and waste water management.
- Borehole siting and maintenance
How To Apply
Conditions of Service
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to:
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.