Applications are invited from experienced, results oriented and suitably qualified persons for the above-mentioned position which has arisen at a large Harare based manufacturing company.
Responsible to: The Group Procurement Manager
- Competent sourcing of key raw materials from international suppliers for the manufacture of fertilizer and agrochemicals.
- Production of weekly reports indicating status of key raw materials in transit, quantity of materials paid for, stocks held by merchants in the country including materials in transit to Merchants.
- Monitoring and reporting, through a dashboard the fluidity and cost of logistics from all sources of key manufacturing raw materials to destination.
- Advising management on status of ports of interest and commercial flights from offshore raw material sources to destination and facilitating resolution of logistical challenges (i.e. air, road and rail).
- Preparing procurement reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparing contract documents and managing procurement procedures to finality.
- Liaising with various departmental heads in addressing their procurement requirements.
- Ability to carry out logistical and strategic competitor analysis risks.
Qualifications & Experience.
- An Economics, Business Studies or Procurement degree from reputable institutions.
- A Higher Diploma in Purchasing and Supply (e.g. CIPS).
- At least five years of similar procurement managerial experience in a heavy manufacturing or mining environment.
- Knowledge of Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act.
- Experience in International Trade is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management systems.
- High level computer literacy.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Team player and ability to work under minimal supervision.
How To Apply
Only qualified and experienced candidates should apply attaching CVs and copies of qualifications to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org