This role is responsible for delivering audit assignments in time and in accordance with Group Internal Audit methodology and as per agreed quality standards, through staff supervised.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Leads the execution of audit assignments that are specialist in nature and provides an independent opinion on the risk and control environment.
- Profiles clear audit findings for review and drafts the Audit Report relating to work conducted and in accordance with GIA reporting standards.
- Evaluates information general computing controls and provides value added feedback. Performs various other reviews of IT management policies and procedures to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate.
- Develops, builds and implements tools (e.g ACL, SQL and Excel queries) to analyze data to improve audit efficiency and effectiveness, (including for risk assessments).
- Performs data analysis on complex data sets to provide meaningful information and insight to internal and external management.
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provides ongoing reports
- Develops and implements databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality of audits
- Conducts IT audits and reviews of systems, applications and IT processes.
- Performs pre and post-implementation reviews of system implementations or enhancements.
- Conducts IT security audits (e.g. network, operating system and data centre), including evaluating if security vulnerabilities are properly identified and mitigated.
- Filters and “cleans” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Computer Science (BCoSc)
- Must have CISA or CISM certifications, or be QiCA certified.
- Other relevant professional qualification advantageous e.g. PMP, PRINCE2, COBIT, ITIL, CRISC, CISSP, etc.
- Professional Affiliation e.g. ISACA, PMI, IIA, etc.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in IT Audit in a financial Institution; and
- Proficiency in Data analytics tools e.g. ACL, SAS, etc.
Audit Efficiency, Audit Methodology, Audit Reporting, Data Analysis, Datasets, Information Technology Security, IT Security Audits, Statistical Analysis Techniques
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://oldmutual.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Old_Mutual_Careers/job/Senior-IT-Auditor_JR-26245-1?locationCountry=db69eabc446c11de98360015c5e6daf6
Closing Date: 28 September 2022