Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above-mentioned post that has arisen in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in directing, coordinating and evaluating academic planning activities for quality assurance purposes
- Assisting in developing and ensuring the consistent and appropriate application of relevant administrative rules including assessment of instructional programmes and quality improvement
- Developing and overseeing training/professional development activities related to educational programmes, evaluation, assessment and planning
- Helping in management and promotion of student learning outcomes assessment to promote instructional goals and objectives conducive to student success
- Establishing and maintaining continuous alignment of assessment, planning, review and evaluation process for the areas of quality assurance and academic affairs
- Assisting with managing and mentoring cross functional teams of system collection and management of data and information to guide the academic development of the University while ensuring compliance with ZIMCHE benchmarks and regulations as well as Senate’s Academic Regulations
- Promoting quality of teaching and learning in the university through periodic evaluation of academic activities in the University
- Coordinating accreditation and re-accreditation of academic programmes and ensuring adherence to ZIMCHE quality standards.
- Assisting with continuous evaluation of academic programmes, rationalization of courses, merging/splitting of departments/units, etc
- Participating in University curricular revision and ensuring that University complies with procedures and guidelines on new programme development
- Facilitating student participation in quality assurance
- Carrying out research in quality assurance
- Assisting in the implementation of the Quality Assurance Policy
- Evaluation of different institutional activities.
- Effectively implementing controls related to quality assurance and academic Planning
- Coordinating and streamlining the academic policies and activities arising from sudden growth, development and proliferation of programmes and units in the university system
- Assisting with formulation of policies and plans in line with the University’s Strategic Plan goals and objectives.
- Producing reports to support quality assurance and academic planning and assessment.
- Preparing reports for University Executive and committees as well as reports on departmental activities
- Providing advice to the University Management on quality assurance and academic planning issues
- Servicing of University Committees, eg Quality Assurance Committee.
- Supervising and managing assigned staff, developing priorities and assigning tasks and projects as appropriate
- Identifying training needs and assisting in training staff and
- Performing any other duties as maybe assigned by the Director, Quality Assurance and Academic Planning.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate must have at least a Masters degree in Information Systems Management and a Bachelor of Science degree in Information systems or equivalent plus five (5) years working experience.
- Experience with deploying a University quality management system in line with ISO 9001 would be an added advantage
How to Apply
To apply, visit careers on the Great Zimbabwe University website: http://elearning.gzu.ac.zw/careers/ Applicants are urged to fill in all the necessary fields on the application platform and attach the required documents.
Deadline: 07 January 2023.