The position of Senior Genomics Technician has arisen within the National Biotechnology Authority, and we hereby invite applications from suitably qualified individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures SOPs for molecular equipment.
- Facilitate the procurement of molecular equipment and installations.
- Training other personnel equipment operation.
- Ensures that computerised systems are in place or are functional.
- Providing general research support in the areas of evolutionary genomics and genetics, including training of research staff and students in common molecular biology methods.
- Providing support to research staff and students in the general housekeeping of reagents, archiving samples, maintaining freezers.
- Analysing bioinformatics using Geneious, QIIME and BioEdit.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Molecular Biology.
- Specific Knowledge of principles of high throughout sequencing and optical mapping, including the isolation and handling of ultra-high molecular weight DNA.
- Experience of handling tissue and he isolation and QC of nucleic acids.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of bioinformatics and statistics software such as STATA, SPSS, Geneious, QIIME.
- Ability to perform tasks with care is thorough and checks work for accuracy and completeness.
- Strong attention to detail for repetitive tasks.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com not later than 04 November 2022, clearly labelled "Senior Genomics Technician in the subject line".