Unki Mines (Pvt) Limited mines and processes platinum group metals (PGMs), platinum, palladium, rhodium, gold, ruthenium, iridium, and base metals. We are a subsidiary of Anglo American Platinum Limited, the world's leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world, from vehicle autocatalysis to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
Our goal is to develop and run long-life, cost-efficient, socially, and environmentally responsible mining operations. We aim to do that in ways that are ever safer, cleaner, and smarter, while also creating the kind of working environments that promote high performance and innovative thinking.
We need talented people who share our belief in a better future for mining and are ready to make a difference. Could you be one of them?
Purpose Of The Job
The role is based in Harare and is primarily responsible for ensuring high quality of external and internal (Anglo American Platinum and Anglo American) financial reporting which involves a significant amount of senior level engagement and managing cross business issues/stakeholders to ensure financial consolidation is prepared on a timely and accurate basis and that external financial reporting is of a consistently high standard for each reporting period (month end, interim and year-end).
The major work output of the role is:
- Technical Accounting, advising senior management and relevant finance teams on accounting issues and developments as well as the delivery of certain ad hoc projects were specialist accounting knowledge and expertise is required.
- Financial Reporting, preparation of consolidated financial statements and providing a range of support to finance teams in the preparation of consolidations and statutory accounts.
- Manage the relationship and interface with the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with Social Performance requirements that include identifying and managing risks with social and human rights impacts.
- Compliance with company quality assurance, health, safety, risk, social and environment management systems.
Qualifications And Knowledge
- Chartered Accountant.
- 5 years in a senior role with overall responsibility for running a finance department.
- Detailed understanding of complex commercial, accounting, tax and financial reporting (IFRS).
- Analytically rigorous with experience in dealing with and successfully solving complex problems and applying a creative mindset.
- Experience in preparing high quality reports and delivering presentations to senior executives.
- Experience in delivering strong commercial judgement and decision making and an ability to view individual opportunities in the context of the Group's broader objectives.
- Experience in mining, extractive, capital intensive industries will be an added advantage.
- Experience in leading diverse and high-performance team.
How To Apply
To apply for the vacant position use one of the link below : https://www.angloamerican.com/careers/jobopportunities or https://smrtr.io/96kgL