The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring accurate, timely and complete recording and reporting of financial transactions of the Hospital.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Reviewing all transaction posting by Finance Officers into the books of Accounts (electronic software books of Accounts)
- Provide review notes for postings returned to Finance Officers
- Training Finance Officers on Account posting, reconciliations, Accounting Standards updates and any new policy changes.
- Production of monthly general ledger reconciliations for all Statement of Financial Position ledger Accounts.
- Compile audit file for annual external and internal audits
- Lead the Finance Officers in providing Auditors with requested information
- Lead the Finance Team in conducting of periodic stock and cash counts
- Reconcile stock count results with system balances, investigating any areas of difference
- Ensure that statutory payments and the filing of returns are done on time
- Review books of Accounts to ensure adequate provisions and accruals are done for production of complete financial statements.
- Production of monthly financial reports (budget comparisons, donor specific reports)
- Supervise Finance Officers to ensure debtors and creditors reconciliations are done and that medical aid claims are followed through.
- Maintenance of an accurate Fixed Asset register
- Compiling of departmental budgets and doing monthly budget variance analysis.
Qualifications And Experience
- Accounting or Finance degree
- Masters degree or Professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or CA is a distinct advantage
- 5 years working experience, of which 2 should be at supervisory level
- Working knowledge of Accounting software such as Xledger
- Experience on donor reporting is a distinct advantage
How To Apply
Applicants must send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18/09/2022.