Reporting to the Head of Credit the senior Credit Manager will be responsible for assisting in the management of the credit portfolio administratively and performance wise
This role will be responsible for interpreting ,implementing and providing direction to the credit cycle in pursuit of its overall mandate
Duties And Responsibilities
- Evaluating the creditworthiness of potential customers.
- Reviewing and recommending for approval or rejection of loans based on available data.
- Preparation, consolidation and presentation of credit applications from all Provinces to the management Credit Approval Committee.
- Ensuring all loans and lending procedures comply with regulations and policy requirements.
- To manage bank's entire portfolio by superintending over all provincial credit structures .
- Ensure effective portfolio monitoring mechanisms are in place, including early warning mechanisms, stress tests and contingency plans.
- Manage credit risk and provide independent oversight of the Bank's portfolio.
- Review prudential and discretionary lending limits for Approving governance structures.
- Assist in reviewing the bank's credit Policy and procedure manuals.
- Provide Secretarial services to management Credit Approval Committee
- Grow a quality loan book for the Bank.
- Supervise the Credit Department including delivering periodical credit training to staff.
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree in Banking and Finance, Accounting or Agricultural related.
- An MSc/MBA or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years' relevant experience in bank credit management
- 3 years at supervisory level.
- Credit risk management skills.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Good interpersonal skills plus effective team player and team leader.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage a big a team and work closely with various stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume no later than 3 June 2022.
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.