Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above-mentioned post that has arisen in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking minutes at committee meetings
- Liaising with committee secretaries on the hosting of meetings and their coordination
- Conducting background research on position papers and reports
- Managing and following up on committee decisions and action
- Managing and preparing agendas for committees as agreed
- Providing administration support ‘register of interest’ to department
- Managing the committee’s diary
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a Masters Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, or Media Studies, plus two (2) years relevant post qualification working experience or a relevant first degree plus four (4) years relevant post qualification working experience.
- Applicants must have at least 5 ‘O’ level subjects including English language.
- In addition, applicants must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to organize own time, meet strict deadlines and ensure tasks are completed
- Experience in minute writing and coordination of meetings and events
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- IT knowledge
- An eye for detail and ensuring accurate minutes/reports are written and maintained
How to Apply
To apply, visit careers on the Great Zimbabwe University website: http://elearning.gzu.ac.zw/careers/ Applicants are urged to fill in all the necessary fields on the application platform and attach the required documents.
Deadline: 07 January 2023.