The Office Secretary role provides executive support to the Head of school‘s office as well as routine office admnistration support. This is a one year fixed term position for Hermann Gmeiner Secondary School Bindura and Hermann Gmeiner Primary School Waterfalls.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform all private/confidential secretarial filing and reception work for the School Office.
- Answer questions from and act as liaison between the Principal and other employees, students and parents.
- Drafts routine correspondence.
- Input information into and monitor the Pastel.
- Identify and prioritize critical activities and manage work schedule to accomplish tasks.
- Proof read written correspondence for errors or omissions to ensure accuracy, completeness, neatness and professionalism.
- Communicate and relay information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to the School Principal and other staff members.
- Manage the Principal’s calendar by making appointments and organizing various meetings as requested.
- Draft meeting minutes and keep Minutes as requested.
- Follow up to ensure that all agreed actions from meetings are completed timeously
- Research, compile and prepare administrative and clerical reports, presentations and documents using MS Word, PowerPoint or Excel.
- Control and check leave applications for staff and process forms through the Principals Office and Human Resources.
- Provides Support in organizing various school functions and events.
- Prepare, correlate and monitor requisitions and signatures for procurement.
- Compile, monitor and maintain a variety of financial and statistical records and accounts related to school activities.
- Independently plan and manage maintenance and report preparation.
- Prepare payment requisitions for processing payment of invoices and reimbursements for high school staff members in accordance with standard procedures in the Business Office.
- Arrange substitutes for teachers who are absent or on leave.
- Assist teachers with maintenance requests.
- Liaise with Activities Coordinator to make travel arrangements for staff and students
- Provide support in emergency drills or actual events.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Qualifications And Experience
- 5 O' Levels including Maths and English
- Secretarial Diploma
- Minimum of 3 years of secretarial experience, preferably in a school
- Skills using Microsoft Word , Excel, PowerPoint and other programs
- Experience using a school data base like Pastel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Mature, empathetic and professional in dealing with students and parents
- Independent self-starter with attention to detail
- Possesses integrity and ability to maintain accurate and confidential records
- Able to collaborate with and motivate others
- Flexible and accepts change
- Ability to multi-task
How To Apply
Applications supported by detailed CVs and Certified Copies of Academic Certificates should be submitted electronically Clearly Indicating The Position you are applying for in the subject line and sent to : Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
Applications that are late and do not have a CV or certified certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates are required to indicate current salary and expected salary expectations in the application letter.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed
Closing Date: 07 September 2022.