A vacancy has arisen for the post of Head of Dadaya Mission High School, Zvishavane District, Midlands Province, commencing in Term 1,2023. The Board of Governors hereby invites applications from interested, suitably qualified and experienced candidates of good character. Dadaya Mission High School has a proud history and tradition of providing a Christian inspired education to the Nation spanning a period in excess of a 100 years. A new Head is being sought to lead our School to greater heights of achievement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reinforce a distinct Christian culture and principles and promote observance of the Associated Churches of Christ ethics and teaching.
- Consult openly and frequently on critical issues with the Board of Governors and the School Development Committee.
- Observe and comply with all Government regulations and protocols in leading the school.
- Assume the ultimate responsibility for the overall management and operation of the school in accordance with the Education Act, administrative code and school policies and regulations.
- Ensure a healthy, safe, conducive teaching and learning environment.
- Ensure correct interpretation and implementation of the curriculum and syllabuses.
- Develop, refine and propagate the vision, mission and goals of the school.
- Determine standards and take appropriate steps to measure, support, coach and maintain reasonable performance and professional growth of subordinates.
- Maintain personal contact with all school staff members, fostering good public relations, promoting high morale and identifying personal problems as early as possible
- Develop and implement procedures for tracking students' progress and intervening early when concerns are identified.
- Conduct monitoring and supe,vision of staff to ensure continuous improvement in teaching and learning.
- Prepare annual and termly budget proposals for the school, including for special events that may arise.
- Manage and efficiently utilize the available human and material resources in the school.
- Encourage meaningful alumni, present and past parent participation in events that aid support to the goals of the school.
- Manage fundraising efforts by articulating the goals for which funds are being raised.
- Maintain accurate school records, inclusive of teaching, among others, personnel, enrolment and financial.
- Serve as an ex-official member of the School Development Committee.
- Develop the school calendar in consultation with teaching staff and other stakeholders.
- Develop the school time-table in consultation with the teaching staff.
- Establish a collegial environment that honors and encourages students and stable continuous learning.
- Manage and administer internal and national examinations.
- Oversee the operations and productivity of the Mission Farm for the benefit of the school.
- Exercise a duty of care over the welfare and safety of the students during their time at the school.
Qualifications and Experience
- Be an active member of the Associated Churches of Christ, or a Christian of good character.
- Be a certified University Graduate and a holder of a Secondary Teachers' Diploma. Applicants should be a holder a degree with a teaching subject.
- A relevant Master's degree would be an added advantage
- At least two years teaching experience as Deputy Head.
- Thorough understanding of the Education Act.
- Knowledge of the Public Service and Education regulations, procedures and policies.
- Must be results oriented and self-driven
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Good management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Must have good analytical, organisational and report writing skills.
- Computer literate
How to Apply
The application, together with CV, certified copies of certificates and transcript should be sent by email to tie Chairman of the Board on: email@example.com, or can be dropped at the school office, or posted at Private Bag 651, Zvishavane, to be received on or before 30 November 2022. Mark for attention of the Boardthairman.