Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying and sensitizing staff on the health and safety regulations applicable to the University.
- Recommending training of staff on health and safety issues in the University environment.
- Ensuring that the University environment meets the health standards for teaching and learning in and outside buildings and the general campus.
- Put in place an internal self-regulatory and external quality assurance system for health, safety and environmental issues for the institution and, where possible, recommend corrective measures.
- Developing core modules for training on public health within the University.
- Compiling, analyzing and reporting, periodically, on the health index of the University.
- Linking up with student and staff health personnel to support good public health practices.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director, Quality Assurance and Professional Development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a Masters' Degree in Public Health or Environmental Science and or their equivalents.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in safety, health and environmental issues.
How To Apply
APPLICATION PROCEDURE Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P. 0. Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1 April, 2022.