Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above-mentioned vacant position, which has fallen vacant in the Works Department. The incumbent will be reporting to Civil Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the administrative daily functions for assigned team and plans road maintenance projects including estimating, securing and scheduling personnel, materials, and equipment required in a cost effective manner; develops road district annual maintenance plan to include prioritizing, estimating, report writing and preparing reimbursable service agreements.
- Overseeing construction activities and making sure that they are completed according to schedule and within budget parameters
- Inspect existing roads, identify potential problems and determine corrective action required; prepare related reports,based on identified issues and assign priority ranking for budgetary consideration.
- Prepares correspondence; establishes and updates project management documentation; reviews spreadsheets, reports, permits, plans and other documents; and performs other administrative duties using a personal computer.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strictly holder of Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering BSc/B.Eng.
- (Hons.) degree in Civil Engineering an added advantage.
- Must be registered with the Engineering Council of Zimbabwe in the field of Civil/Structural engineering.
- At least five (5) years proven relevant experience Proficiency in ARCGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D or Civil designer, Epanet, Microsoft Project
- Ability to evaluate blueprints for construction.
- Ability to operate departmental equipment, including, but not limited to: truck, loader, road grader, backhoe, mower, cement mixer, and power tools.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, manuals, budgets, and schematics.
- Ability to make decisions independently.