Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above-mentioned post. Gwanda State University is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates and differently abled people are encouraged to apply.
The Risk Officer is responsible for conducting risk management operations of the University, to include the integration of risk concepts into strategic planning, and risk identification and mitigation activities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake a comprehensive risk assessment for all University departments.
- Formulate and recommend risk mitigation plans, policies and protocols.
- Champion the compilation and review of University’s Strategic Risk register.
- Designing the risk Matrix for the University.
- Manage and administer the University’s insurance portfolio.
- Supervise the filing of insurance claims, monitor progress and verify that payments have been done.
- Quantify risk limits.
- Recommend plans to mitigate risks.
- Liase with the Safety Officer on all issues pertaining to risk inherent in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Be responsible for all risk related Training and Development of staff.
- Monitor the progress of risk mitigation activities.
- Compile quarterly risk management reports.
- Communicate to key stakeholders regarding the risk profile of the University.
- Evaluate and monitor risk management strategies identified within the organisation.
- Maintain and update accidents register.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelors’ degree in Risk Management / Insurance and risk Management or Economics.
- A Masters’ degree in Risk Management / Insurance and risk Management or Economics will be an added advantage.
- Must have a high level of written and oral communication skills as well as strong knowledge of business processes.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to effectively prioritise and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong ability to work effectively in a team and to communicate verbally and in writing with both external and internal customers.
- Ability to work independently to produce desired results.
- At least 2 years’ experience in risk management position.
Conditions of Service: Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
How to Apply
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to email@example.com or hand delivered to:
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 03 February 2023