The position exists to manage and advise on the risk to the Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe, its employees, customers, reputation, assets and interests of stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director General. Location: Head Office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating, reviewing, recommending and implementing risk strategies, policies, procedures, mitigation plans and protocOls.
- Identifying and assessing threats to lie Authority and putting plans in place to mitigate against their adverse impact and guarantee business continuity.
- Undertaking corporate governance involving external risk and reporting to stakeholders;
- Participating in the departmental planning and budgeting processes
- Conducting a comprehensive risk assessment for Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe operations, processes, equipment and facilities.
- Evaluating risk which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluate previous handling of risks;
- Conducting audits on policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Providing training and support to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation.
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks in liaison with relevant stakeholders.
- Establishing and quantifying the Authority's risk appetite.
- Advising the Board and Management on risk management matters. Implementing the performance management system in the department Ensuring that the CAAZ Quality Policy Statement and objectives are communicated to all staff in the department.
- Taking corrective action on all identified non-conformities.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Risk Management / Risk Management and Insurance /Risk, Insurance and Safety from an accredited institution.
- Eight (8) years relevant working experience of which five (5) should be at a managerial level.
Skills and Competences
- Certification in Risk Management is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Have a sound track record in management of risk operations
- Have the ability to handle confidential information in the course of duty
How to Apply
The Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should submit applications and their Curriculum Vitae, including certified copies of educational and professional certificates not later than 9 December, 2022 to:
Human Resources and Administration Director
Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Level 3, New Terminal Building
P. Bag 7716, Causeway