Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the above mentioned post within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) - an equal opportunity employer.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Put in place a National Strategy for gathering surveillance and Intelligence Information on smuggling activities through designated and undesignated crossing points.
- Formulate plans for Border Control Reaction activities on the basis of intelligence information received or gathered.
- Supervising the operations of the surveillance drones to detect or deter smuggling activities through the undesignated and designated entry points.
- Detect, intercept and prevent smuggling activities at designated points of entry and undesignated crossing points along the border line using intelligence information received or gathered.
- Identifying the major goods smuggled, persons involved and means of transport used in smuggling activities as well as other smuggling trends.
- Develop a program for staff development and training and ensure that staff conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times and comply with ZIMRA code of conduct.
- Liaising and engaging with other law enforcement agents to build harmonious working relationships on matters relating to compliance and enforcement.
- Develop programmes for recording and monitoring of surveillance and reconnaissance activities.
- Conduct research on customs best practices and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Conduct other duties as may be assigned by the Manager Border Surveillance, Customs and Excise Division.
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree in Accounting/ Economics/ Commerce/Business studies/ Fiscal Studies/ Business management/ Full CIS or equivalent.
- An MBA/ MBL/ MSc or equivalent is an added advantage.
- Expert knowledge of Customs and Excise Legislation and Procedures and ASYCUDAworld.
- At least (5) years' experience in Customs & Excise environment.
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
- Unquestionable integrity and commitment to duty.
- Ability to work during odd hours in an area with poor road terrain and bad weather conditions.
- Good health and ability to undergo intelligence and security training.
- Ability to interact with various departments such as Legal, Compliance, Audit and internal and external stakeholders in Information Technology.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good organisational, people and time management skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae by 30 September 2022. All applications should be emailed to: ZimraRecruitment@zimra.co.zw clearly stating the position applied for and addressed to:
The Director, Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street! Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to and females are encouraged to apply.