The Research and Development Architect role is responsible for driving and conducting research on emerging technologies that bring new and effective innovative ideas, translate ideas into software application architectures, then designs and directs the development of the applications, the different features of a program and integration of these into a high-performance system.
The role leads applications innovation labs includes determining the technical specifications of a project, technical blueprints, analyzing design impact of on targeted architectures and editing and approve code.
Ensures the chosen technologies continuously support the evolution of the digital transformational journeys and unlocks new revenue opportunities and/or introduce efficient process to curb on costs.
- Researches, and leads the Software Applications Strategy formulation and implementation in alignment with DSP Strategy
- Approves all software Applications architectures for innovations and ensure alignment with the Enterprise Application Architecture and current technologies.
- Researches and Design the best Software Applications Development Frameworks & automated Processes that aligns with DSP Strategy
- Conduct analysis to identify trends in application architecture, provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to development team.
- Builds and maintains platforms that easily convert models into APIs for integrating AI into the overall IT infrastructure.
- Collaborates with R&D Developers to research and develop new ideas and apply software applications to complex product challenges across all Technology Solutions and approves solutions before launch.
- Documents all bespoke solutions Software, for all agreed Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) and guide R&D Developers regarding incremental delivery & testing.
- Reviews, interprets and responds to additional business requirements specifications (BRS) for commercial deployment of all successful MVPs and ensures alignment of customer expectations.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility and has detailed handover designs.
- Ensure all developed software applications provides the analytics required to monitor the performance of service being provided.Approves detailed handover designs for all commercial deployments of innovation and maintenance applications.
- Enforces compliance to Applications development standards and Procedures, and recommends changes for adoption in line with Security and business risk management.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
6 O Levels Including Mathematics, Science and English.
2 A Level passesDegree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Programming and Development, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent.
A relevant vocational qualification will be an added advantageMinimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar or related2-4 years’ experience in software development utilizing various coding languages including Java, C++, PHP and more and must have a certification on any.
Demonstrates knowledge of web applications, cybersecurity and open source technologiesA recognised Agile delivery qualification, and/or an MBA / Master’s Degree is preferred.
How To Apply
To apply for the above listed position, kindly follow the link below to register your candidate profile and apply directly on our recruitment portal:
Closing date for all applications is 10 March, 2022
Please note only short listed applicants will be responded to