Research Assistant Vacancy Number Z22136- Based in Harare, Zimbabwe
The International Maize Wheat lmprovement Center, known by its Span. acronym, CIMMYT is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to mechanization and irrigation service providers and local manufacturers
- Prepare machinery and establish and monitor on-farm and on-station mechanization and irrigation trials demonstrations
- Collect technical, agronomic, business, and survey data as per protocols a. instructions provided
- Fabricate, test. and modify farm machinery or spare parts as per design and instructions Provided
- Operate, repair, and maintain farm machinery and irrigation equipment, R4D workshop machinery. and engines
- Conduct training of farmers, mechanization service providers, and manufacturers on operation, repair trouble shooting, maintenance, and fabrication of farm machinery and irrigation equipment
- Assist project and CIMMYT management in any other matters as and when required.
Qualifications And Experience
- Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes
- Diploma in Agricultural/Mechanical/Automobile Engineering or related field with two years of relevant work experience or Certificate Course in Mechanical/Automotive
- Engineering/Boiler Mechanics or related field with five years of relevant work experience
- Experience working in agricultural machinery company or mechanization project would be essential
- Understand, operate, repair, and maintain engines, farm machinery, and irrigation equipment Able to use/operate common workshop machinery/tools and fabricate/modify farm machine,
- Experience in assessment of farm machinery, establishment of on-station and on-fam, mechanization trials. data collection, and organizing field days is highly desired
- Experienced in conducting technical training of farmers, service providers, and manufacturers Ability to work with different nationalities, as a member of d diverse work team
- The selected candidate must be able to demonstrate the following competencies: interpersonal skills, problem solving and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
How To Apply
- Complete online application form http://forms.gle/82nMNgctk22geew26
- Submit your applications to the following email address CIMMYT-Zimbabwe@cglar.org
- Cover Letter should refer explicitly to the essential qualification skills, and competencies stated above providing clear and concrete examples of where, when, and how the experience was gained and expected remuneration. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.