Contract duration: 1 year Renewal subject to availability of funding
CeSHHAR has been awarded a three-year research grant by the Templeton World Charity Foundation to implement a project titled “The Zvandiri (As I am) character strength and its constructs among adolescents living with HIV in Zimbabwe”. This project will examine and measure how the Zvandiri programme can sustainably engage adolescents living with HIV to develop the character strengths embedded within the indigenous concept of ‘Zvandiri’ (accept me as I am), so that they can flourish and live well within their communities. The research also aims to explore the utility of adding a home-based caregiver / household intervention delivered by community adolescent treatment supporters to the Zvandiri programme. This collaborative project involves: CeSHHAR, Africaid, University of Sydney, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM).
Working as part of a team, the Research Assistant duties will include collecting, recording and processing and analyzing data plus writing of results.
Qualifications and experience
- A degree in Psychology (preferable), Anthropology, Sociology or related fields;
- Experience conducting qualitative, quantitative and participatory health-related research, including with young people;
- Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively as part of a research team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand / speak / write Shona an added advantage; A youth friendly person;
- Good organizational skills, including effective time management and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to suggest ideas, question, and discuss emerging themes from data.
- Demonstrable interest in positive psychology, social theory and development of social science concepts is an added advantage.
Please email your CV and application cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager and send to email@example.com Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.