About the organization:
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the positions of Relief Driver. The positions will be based in the following Provinces: Matabeleland North, Mashonaland West, Mashonaland East, Mashonaland Central and Harare.
Zim-TTECH's activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases.
Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program.
Zim-TTECH is implementing the DREAMS program in four districts in Matebeleland North province. Zim-TTECH also supports Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) services in Zimbabwe.
The position exists to provide relief support to the program teams in the provinces and districts. The successful candidates will report dually to the District Focal Persons and the Logistics Officer.
- Provide reliable and safe driving services to program and other authorized personnel as directed.
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicles and accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs and any other documentation as required.
- Request fuel and cash travel advances.
- Maintain the assigned vehicle through vehicle checks before the first trip and cleaning of the vehicle’s interior and exterior.
- Take note of any faults that may develop on the vehicle and bring them to the attention of the Logistics Department as soon as observed.
- Arrange for the planned vehicle maintenance, minor and major vehicle service and repairs and inspect the vehicle before and after service.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by local rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents and report all road traffic accidents or thefts to the police and inform the supervisor and Logistics Department immediately.
- Follow the Zimbabwe road rules, including adhering to speed limits and the carrying of a valid driver’s licence at all times.
- Uphold the non-smoking policy in the organization’s vehicle and ensure that passengers do not smoke inside the vehicle.
- Maintain all assigned vehicle related documents. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Minimum of 5 “O” level passes including English.
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence (Class 2 licence will be an added advantage).
- Valid defensive driver`s licence is a must.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance desirable and of the country’s roads and routes.
Commitment to Diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates indicating preferred province to email@example.com or to the below mentioned address:
The Human Resources Manager
10 Natal Rd, Belgravia, Harare
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.