Required are suitably qualified candidates to be trained as Officer Cadets to fill existing vacancies within the Zimbabwe National Army.
- Have a minimum of six (6) points at 'A' level and 5 '0' level passes with grade 'C' or better, including English Language and Mathematics, any higher qualification will be an added advantage.
- Be aged between 18 - 22 years for 'A' level holders and up to 26 years for those with diplomas and/or degrees.
- Be single.
- Have a minimum height of 1,68m for males and 1,55m for females.
- Weigh not less than 57 kgs for males and 55 kgs for females.
- Potential candidates should clearly state their contact details, traceable references, weight and height in their application letters.
Applicants to deposit their application letters together with certified copies of academic and or professional certificates at Formation Headquarters, established Army Units and selected venues within their respective provinces and districts over period 15 March to 10 April 2022. More information can be obtained on the following contact details:
- Matabeleland North Province - Headquarters 1 Infantry Brigade (Mzilikazi Barracks), Bulawayo telephone number (0292 209436).
- Matabeleland South Province - Headquarters Bulawayo District (Lookout Masuku Barracks), Bulawayo telephone number (0292 66687).
- Mashonaland East Province - Headquarters 2 Infantry Brigade (Kaguvi Barracks), Harare telephone number (0242 743446).
- Manicaland Province - Headquarters 3 Infantry Brigade (Herbert Chitepo Barracks), Mutare telephone number (02020 63002).
- Masvingo Province - Headquarters 4 Infantry Brigade (Vitalis Gaya Musungwa Zvinavashe Barracks), Masvingo telephone number (0392 263187).
- Mashonaland West Province - Headquarters Mechanised Brigade (Inkomo Barracks), Darwendale telephone number (067 2192497).
- Mashonaland Central Province - Headquarters Artillery Brigade (Domboshava Barracks), Harare telephone number 0242 336372).
- Midlands Province - Headquarters 5 Infantry Brigade, Kwekwe telephone number (05525 70375).
Successful candidates will undergo selection at the Zimbabwe Military Academy in Gweru on dates to be advised at the above military camps. This will be followed by 21 months training programme at the Zimbabwe Military Academy. On completion of the course, candidates will be commissioned as Second Lieutenants in the Zimbabwe National Army.
Candidates who face difficulties in contacting Formation Headquarters in their respective provinces are to enquire with the Zimbabwe National Army Recruiting Office in Harare on the following telephone numbers; (0242-707459) or (0242-793262).
In addition to a good remuneration, the Army provides:
- Free Medical and Dental care.
- Housing and Transport Allowances.
- Generous leave conditions.
Do Not Pay Anyone to Join the Army. The Army Does Not Engage Third Parties or Agents in its Recruitment Programmes nor Advertise on Social Media.
Inserted By Army Public Relations Directorate