Applications are invited from suitably qualified prospective applicants to fill in the above-mentioned positions.
Reporting to Mobile Team Leader Station Harare Period Five-year fixed term contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing venesection on blood donors.
- Collecting samples for laboratory tests.
- Performing plasma exchange procedures.
- Compiling periodic (daily, weekly and monthly or as needed) sectional reports for decision making.
- Ordering consumables.
- Inducting and capacitating staff.
- Validating and verifying equipment.
- Checking the integrity of blood bags.
- Reporting vehicle/equipment faults/breakdowns.
- Counselling blood donors (pre and post donation) referring complex cases for further management.
- Bleeding clients for paternity test samples.
- Inducting Peer Promoters on the blood donation process.
- Performing apheresis donation procedures.
- Conducting blood donation process talks at the collection site.
- Conducting pre-donation screening according to set procedures.
- Verifying donor identity before bleeding, recording donor information and correct allocation and labelling of blood donation bags.
- Giving appropriate donor care after bleeding, issuing of donor incentives and newsletters (Thank-you letters).
- Identifying and managing all adverse reactions on blood donors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree /Diploma in nursing.
- A qualification in counseling.
- Valid practicing certificate.
- Minimum of 5 ordinary level passes including English and Mathematics.
- Have at least 2 years' experience in a similar position.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should email their application letters, certified academic and professional certificates and CVs to: email@example.com addressed to:
The Human Capital Officer
National Blood Service Zimbabwe
P O Box A101, Avondale
Deadline: 09 November 2022 (1600hrs)
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.