Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following positions that have arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) – an equal opportunity employer.
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the regional operations to ensure the collection of tax revenue in accordance with the relevant laws of Zimbabwe.
- Promote voluntary compliance through technical advice, training workshops and meetings.
- Implement Taxes best practices such as risk management, audit and investigations and automation of Taxes processes.
- Administer the regional resources to include monitoring of revenue and expenditure, monitoring of overall revenue performance against targets, preparation and monitoring of revenue targets and expenditure estimates.
- Conduct appropriate research on Taxes policies and technical procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Submit monthly written reports to the Commissioner, Domestic Taxes on the operations of the region.
- Disseminate laws and regulations to all stations and ensure compliance.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the strategic and operational plans of the division.
- Monitor implementation progress of regional infrastructure and facilities.
- Develop a strong partnership with all stakeholders for improved operational efficiency.
- Ensure that audit observations and recommendations are responded to and implemented within the given timeframe.
- Promote good industrial relations and staff welfare.
- Effectively utilise the Performance Management System for the
- achievement of sectional and organisational goals.
- Approve audit plans and revenue enhancement projects for the region.
- Administer risk management and manage business continuity plan.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
Job skills and Competencies
- Excellent leadership abilities, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
- Good writing skills and verbal communication skills to interact with various audiences
- Unquestionable integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Accounting / Economics / Commerce / Fiscal Studies / Business Studies / Business Management / Social Sciences, Full CIS or equivalent.
- An MBA / MBL / MSc is an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of Taxes Legislation and Procedures is a requirement.
- At least five (5) years experience in Customs & Excise and or Taxes working environment in a managerial grade.
- Knowledge of SAP TRM is a prerequisite.
- Clean Class (4) driver’s license.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 9 April 2021. All applications should be emailed to ZimraRecruitment@zimra.co.zw clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to