Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the above-mentioned post at University of Zimbabwe (UZ)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of both technical and administrative skills of running a broadcast station operating in a training environment;
- Run the station as a training hub for producers, presenters, reporters, news editors and help the University to implement the heritage based Education 5.0 Philosophy;
- Teach students the following courses: Sound Engineering and Production Design; Online Radio Production; Radio Production and Processes; Script Writing
- Supervise the personnel and smooth running of the station and develop business station model.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master of Arts or Master of Science Degree in Media and Cultural studies (Broadcasting Majors) from a recognised institution;
- A Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree in Broadcasting/Theatre Arts;
- National Diploma in Mass Communication or Journalism Studies (Broadcast major);
- A sound knowledge of the heritage based Education 5.0 as well as a sound knowledge of studio construction and acoustic treatment of studios to complete the construction and renovations processes of both the television and radio studios
- An exceptional knowledge of both television and radio broadcasting equipment to design and equip our studios
- A traceable studio/station design establishment and setting up of more than one radio station experience;
- A traceable record of at least TEN years of experience in teaching radio and television at a University or Polytechnic;
- A journalism training experience majoring in broadcasting courses;
- An exceptional program production experience including news and current affairs.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies ofnational identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
Deadline: 11 November 2022.