Secondary Book Press (Pvt) Ltd is a leading independent publishing company supplying New Curriculum textbooks for primary and secondary schools in Zimbabwe.
Secondary Book Press (Pvt) Ltd is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill in the post of Publishing attache. The incumbent will report to Head of Publishing.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Read and review manuscripts from solicited and unsolicited authors
- Copy and content editing
- Effecting author and editor comedians
- Text layout and illustrate as recommended
- Proof reading books before sign off Proofread and edit spelling, grammar, and style errors in manuscripts.
- Verify content and information.
- Review and revise content for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Edit chapters as authors complete them to evaluate style and structure and identify potential problems.
- Fact check manuscripts for historical or technical accuracy.
- Brief authors clearly and in line with the approved concept, work with and support author teams for the duration of the writing period to ensure that content is well written and submitted on time.
- Work thoroughly on the manuscript to ensure suitability of content, syllabus match, approach, language level and cultural sensitivity.
Qualifications And Experience
- Excellent command of English
- Good research skills
- Pay attention to detail
- Planning and organisation skills
- Knowledge of different softwares and applications. Knowledge of InDesign is an added advantage
- Studying towards a degree in Publishing, English and Communication Skills or related
How To Apply
All interested and qualified candidates must email their application. current CVs. copies of educational or professional qualifications to email@example.com on or before 10 August 2022.
"Clearly state the POSITION you are applying for in the subject line of your email"
Floor, CABS CENTRE Building 74 Jason Mayo, (Cnr Jason Moyo 2nd Street), Harare
Land: +263 242 711 406/ 753201
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.