To create a strong recognisable CAAZ Corporate image to ensure full understanding of CAAZ's mandate and contribution to the economy of Zimbabwe by all stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director General.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Participating in the public relations and communications strategy formulation, development and implementation.
- Recommending and providing guidance on public relations and communications policies and procedures for the Authority in line with corporate objectives.
- Participating in the formulation of Public Relations and Communications Departmental budget.
- Developing and maintaining the corporate image of the Authority through initiating and participating in public relations activities
- Preparing press conferences and issues press statements, public notices, advising media about events in CAAZ that should be communicated to the public and advises the Board, Management and Staff on how to deal with the media.
- Conducting advocacy programmes to ensure that proper tailored, information is conveyed to the key publics.
- Preparing and developing promotional material for CAAZ's participation at national events.
- Acting as the spokesperson for the Authority.
- Participating in management of information that is disseminated to the public from the Authority such as press releases, advertisements and public notices.
- Recommending appropriate communication strategies in crisis situations to maintain a good image and keep stakeholders informed.
- Coordinating conferences and exhibitions for CAAZ to maintain visibility of the Authority and also establish linkages with other organisations to promote good corporate image.
- Administering the Authority's website and social media platforms.
- Attending business and social environmental meetings with stakeholders to ensure quality standards are met and advises the Board and Management on key issues identified.
- Conducting public opinion and attitude surveys so as to identify the interests and concerns of key stakeholders that relate with the Authority.
- Carrying out any special assignment to do with the Shareholder and other commercially important stakeholders as directed by the CAAZ Board and the Director General from time to time.
Qualifications And experience
- A minimum of five years relevant managerial experience in Public Relations and Corporate Communications.
- A Degree in /Public Relations/Communications/Social Science/Law/Media Studies/Journalism.
- A relevant Master's Degree is an added advantage
- A clean class four Driver's license.
- Five (5) years relevant experience in Public Relations and Corporate Communications at a senior level.
- Knowledge of the Aviation Industry is an added advantage
- Ability to interact with the Shareholder, Board, Management, the media, the general public and otherstakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results.
- Prominent and well-respected public relations and corporate communications expert.
How To Apply
The Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit applications and their Curriculum Vitae, including certified copies of educational and professional certificates not later than 7 October, 2022 to:
Human Resources and Administration Director
Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Level 3, New Terminal Building
P. Bag 7716, Causeway, Harare