About Higherlife Foundation
Higherlife Foundation (Higherlife) is a social impact organization that invests in human capital to build thriving individuals, communities, and sustainable livelihoods. Founded by Strive and Tsitsi Masiyiwa in 1996, the Foundation was first launched in Zimbabwe and has since spread its footprint to Lesotho, Burundi, Rwanda, Swaziland, South Africa, and Kenya. Higherlife Foundation implements projects in Education; Health; Rural Transformation and Sustainable Livelihoods; and Disaster Relief and Preparedness impacting millions of lives in the communities it serves.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
The successful incumbent will provide strategic and operational support for the Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) portfolio to achieve transmission interruption of schistosomiasis and Soil Transmitted Helminth through innovation and partnerships. The service aims to meet the needs of key target communities most at risk of NTDs, and engagement of relevant authorities on program interventions.
Reporting To: Head Global Health
Duties And Responsibilities
- Deal with complex public health issues that may arise
- Work with Senior Leadership to plan and deliver policies and interventions that aim to influence the health of groups of people in terms of treatment, WASH/NTDs, innovation, advocacy & policy coordination and sustainability
- Lead development and oversee the execution the overall NTDs portfolio annual plans, budget, results framework, including methodologies and tools to assess added value to health outcomes
- Manage M&E related activities throughout all stages from planning and designing to report drafting and results dissemination
- Work with the Head Global Health to identify implementation challenges, capacity-building needs, and any other risks and issues as they emerge
- Provide professional, evidence-based and ethical advice to guide the commissioning of services, ensuring that they are high-quality, clinically safe, cost-effective, and that they will improve health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities across primary care, secondary care, and social care
- Facilitate the rollout of all WASH/NTDs performance measurement efforts to ensure quality assurance and systematic documentation, measurement, and reporting of results
- Assist the Head Global Health specifically dialogue with partners on the development of work plans, performance management plans, and budgets in alignment with overall Global Health goals
- Manage technical delivery of interventions, including reviewing / commenting on progress reports
- Communicate project status, progress, and impact to Global Health stakeholders and senior management through established reporting tools
- Develop and disseminate IEC materials related to health, NTDs, WASH
Qualifications and Competencies
- Educated to post graduate level or equivalent in epidemiology, public health disease control or other medical or health related specialization or equivalent by experience.
- At least 3 years of demonstrable experience in working within government systems/experience influencing government policies, planning and programme delivery, including field experience, all within the health or development sector
- Must be able to work well under minimum supervision.
- Must possess strong influencing skillsAbility to speak and write and articulately about public health issues in particular NTDsA self-starter, with resilience, pace, and interpersonal flexibility.
- Clean Class 4 Drivers licence an added advantage
- community engagement
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Project Management
- Public Health
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://recruitment.econet.co.zw/job/public-health-specialist/