A vacancy for the Public Affairs and Stakeholder Relations Manager which is in the Middle Management level has arisen and the National Railways of Zimbabwe is desirous to fill same. The job specification for the position includes the following:
Duties And Responsibilities
- Formulating, planning and executing the public relations strategy and programs for the National Railways of Zimbabwe.
- Organising and managing promotional events such as exhibitions, guided tours and acting as the Functions Manager or Events Co-ordinator for the organization.
- Managing the development and publication of all NRZ feature articles, media releases as well as organising press conferences and receptions.
- Editing all NRZ publications and promotional materials to ensure compliance with National Railways of Zimbabwe editorial policy.
- Appropriately respond to queries from the public, the media and related organisations.
- Designing, writing and/or producing presentations, articles, flyers, "in-house" magazines, speeches, reports, publicity brochures, information for website and promotional videos.
- Analysing media coverage on the NRZ, developing and implementing strategies aimed at maintaining a positive image of the organisation.
- Co-ordinating and controlling the Public Relations sectional activities, i.e. (Editorial, Graphic Art, Advertising, Press and Publicity).
Qualifications And Experience
- Be in possession of either a Degree in Media and Society Studies, Degree in Journalism and Media Studies, A Degree in Communication Sciences or a Public Relations related Degree.
- Have at least five years post graduate experience in Public Relations or a related field, with a proven track record, at managerial level.
- Have a flair for reporting and public speaking, as well as knowledge of protocol.
- Be in possession of a valid Class 4 Driver's Licence.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and the normal NRZ non cash benefits will apply. This is a designated post and finger-printing is mandatory.
How To Apply
Applications to arrive not later than 22 September 2022 and must be clearly marked "Public affairs and stakeholder relation manager"
Detailed applications and CVs with certified copies attached to be submitted or hand-delivered to the National Railways of Zimbabwe Recruitment Office, Room 4 (Griffin Hall, Bulawayo) or addressed to:
The Chief Human Resources and Administration Manager
National Railways of Zimbabwe
P. 0. Box 602
OR E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Canvassing Will Disqualify Applicants.