CAMFED envisions a world, in which every child is educated, protected, respected and valued, and grows up to turn the tide of poverty. As the most effective strategy to tackle poverty and inequality, CAMFED multiplies educational opportunities for girls and empowers young women to become leaders of change. Our focus is on girls and young women in rural areas of sub-Saharan Africa. This is where girls face acute disadvantage and where their empowerment will have a transformative impact.
CAMFED seeks to engage you as a Provincial Transport Officer, guided by CAMFED’s organizational policies and procedures, you are responsible for maintaining and driving the organization’s vehicles to authorized destinations in and around designated districts. Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Administration and Human Resources and direct supervision by the Administration Department, the Provincial Transport Officer provides reliable and safe driving services. The Provincial Transport Officer should demonstrate a client – oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and the ability to work with people from different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure provision of reliable and secure driving services of CAMFED vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and approved scheduled activities and district errands;
- Observe and ensure that all passengers adhere to policies and guidelines on the use of the organization vehicles (e.g use of seat belts, using vehicle only for official assignments, parking of the assigned vehicle at base latest 6 pm or with express permission of Line Manager);
- Check for first aid kit and contents to ensure availability before travel; Ensure that the assigned vehicle is in a proper and safe condition by carrying out routine checks prior to use or travel, and report any damage or mechanical malfunctions to Line Manager;
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicles at all times; Ensure cost-savings through proper use by recording and maintaining mileage logs and vehicle history records, scheduled service of vehicles and any ad hoc issue pertaining to the status of the vehicles;
- Ensure that only licensed or insurance cleared staff are allowed to drive the organization vehicles;
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle keys are placed at designated place after work;
- Report immediately to Line Manager any incidents including accidents, issues with passengers in the vehicle, change of routes due to bad weather, security and road conditions etc;
- Daily communication with Line Manager regarding approved scheduled activities;
- Timely submission of weekly reports at the end of the week to Line Manager;
- Participate as CAMFED staff member in provincial, national, regional and international engagements as requested;
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications And Experience
- Secondary Education;
- Valid Driver’s license;
- Defensive driving Course;
- At least 5 years work experience as a driver at reputable organizations;
- Safe driving record;
- Fluency in English.
How To Apply
Please forward your application to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 14 March 2022 or send to CAMFED Zimbabwe, 26 Campbell Road, Pomona, and Harare or by post to P.O. Box 4104, Harare. Attaching a detailed CV, names of two contactable referees, a motivation letter, certified copies of certificates. The subject of the email should clearly state ‘Impact Officer’. Responses and disclosure of the financial commitment will only be to shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive a response within 14 days of the closing date of this advertisement, consider your application unsuccessful.