The Protection Coordinator will manage protection activities under specific programs, provide technical guidance to Protection Officers and also support Program Managers and field staff in the development, administration and implementation of the mainstreaming of protection across GOAL programs in Zimbabwe, both on a daily basis and with a long-term strategic perspective. The responsibilities and activities of the Protection Coordinator will be extensive and fluid, depending on the shifting needs of the program, and are likely to include but not be limited to those described below. The Protection Coordinator reports into the Country Director.
Duties And Responsibilities
Responsibility 1- GOAL Zimbabwean Programming (35% LOE)
- Provide guidance and input on all GOAL programs with respect to safeguarding & protection. Develop Standard Operating Procedures for code of conduct roll out and support Safeguarding focal persons to implement it across all programs.
- Develop and keep an up to date safeguarding/ protection strategy for GOAL Zimbabwe, linking it with GOAL safeguarding priorities for 2020 and beyond.
- Establish and lead protection monitoring team for protection monitoring and response in all intervention areas.
- Conduct periodic protection monitoring through standard checklists and tools and prepare and submit periodic reports to Program Managers and Country Director. Participate in investigations on safeguarding/PSEA issues as they involve GOAL staff and partner.
- Collect, verify and analyze protection monitoring information in order to identify violations of rights and protection threats and risks encountered by communities and staff.
- Participate and represent GOAL in Safeguarding and protection forums or coordination platforms with likeminded institutions, highlighting GOAL’s work with other stakeholders and identify possible networking opportunities for GOAL.
- Establish and maintain positive relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other local stakeholders through information sharing and coordination.
- Facilitate induction of new staff, volunteers, suppliers and any other key personnel that are involved in the implementation of GOAL activities on GOAL’s Safeguarding practices, policies and protocols.
- Work with the HR department in strengthening safeguarding processes in recruitments, reference checks, police checks and in safeguarding clauses.
- Provide technical guidance to Protection Officers funded under other GOAL programs. Ensure that GOAL’s high standards for Protection are standardized across all programming.
- In collaboration with Protection Officers map out existing referral pathways in the field offices and
- organize trainings on referral pathways and PSEA for officials as well as GOAL staff.
Responsibility 2- UPLIFT/BHA program (50% LOE)
- Review the case management approach proposed by Childline and Musasa under the program. Provide guidance on how it can be strengthened to meet the program’s needs and to better serve beneficiaries. Chair meetings with regular case reviews to gain oversight on the type of cases emerging and conduct quality control over the cases being assisted with the program.
- Establish clear communication channels with both partners. With support from the Protection Officer ensure that Musasa and Childline are coordinating with each other on program activities as appropriate and sharing information. Finalize messaging delivered through ProMobile campaign.
- In collaboration with the BHA Protection Officer, ensure that GOAL’s MPCA and Livelihoods programming are being implementing through a protection lens.
Responsibility 3 - UNOPS Program (15% LOE)
- Train ProMobile teams and Musasa on PSEA prior to the initiation of activities.
- Overall management of the program, inclusive of budget management, report writing and overseeing the work of ProMobile (service provider).
- In collaboration with the PSEA Coordinator develop and deliver messaging on PSEA and reporting mechanisms for the targeted audience (general public benefiting from UN and INGO programs).
Qualifications And Experience
Requirements : Technical & Functional skills skills
- BA degree in Psychology, Counseling, sociology or social work, at least 3 years of experience in the same/similar role in another organization or association;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in protection monitoring and responses for beneficiaries and and host communities;
- Experience in working with women, children, specific needs groups and case management programs;
- Expertise in Psychosocial support, child protection & GBV protection principles desirable;
- Good organizational skills and capacity to work independently, if necessary and/or required;
- Integrity, professionalism and expertise in processing reports and questionnaires;
- Ability to understand the cultural context of the community, local language, and use that culture as an input for community mobilization;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels;
- Ability to perform duties with minimum or no supervisions;
How To Apply
To Apply use link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/goalzimbabwe/jobs/3966026