Organic Farming Academy contributes to the holistic development of Zimbabwe and its people. We support small-scale farmers and wild collectors through training in certified and regenerative organic farming to ensure that their crops meet the highest international standards.
We actively promote knowledge transfer that is based on cooperation and empowerment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implement, coordinate and supervise all tasks of the Organic Farming Academy under the AFOS Project
• Ensure the highest positive impact of the work for the economic development of the rural poor, regenerative resource management, environmental protection and social development in all areas OFA is involved
• Manages and further develops the operational plan on the achievement of the agreed strategy, business plans and set budgets
• Coordinating services towards strengthening environmentally friendly, certified, export-oriented plant production to smallholder farmers and wild plant collecting families in Zimbabwe with the objective to integrate them into the value chain
• Networking and corporation with all stakeholders and partner institutions
• Implementing sustainable farming approach activities sensitive to the protection of the communities and do no harm to all stake holders
• Dealing with requests from partner institutions within the framework of the OFA mandate and budget.
• Facilitating train, the trainer programs and conducting workshops.
• Developing and organizing quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and environmental management initiatives
• Supports the introduction of a traceability software of each product back to its origin as another standard for exporting organic produce and ensures the expansion of the user base.
• Degree in Crop science/ Horticulture or equivalent and experience in smallholder Farming training an added advantage
• 5 years at similar level in an organization of a similar size and in a similar industry
• Private sector experience
Skills and Competencies
• Sound knowledge of national and international standards and certification for organic and Fair-Trade production
• Valid Driving licence
• Ability to work with a multi-cultural teamt
Interested potential candidates should request for an application form from email@example.com before 21st February 2022.