The Salvation Army Zimbabwe and Botswana Territory is inviting applications from suitably uallfied, mature, honest and substantially experienced persons to fill the following posts that eve risen within our organisation:
Project Manager: This is a position in the Scaling Up for a Resilient Livelihood in Rural Zimbabwe (SCARL) that coordinates activities/projects in various communities. This function involves ensuring that project activities are done according to the requirements of the Employer, relevant Government ministries and funding partners. The incumbent will be responsible for high quality design, management, implementation and monitoring of this multi-sectoral Project incorporating livelihoods, nutrition, health and education.
Responsibilities And Duties
- • Establish a detailed work plan for the implementation of project activities.
- Direct and monitor all project activities so that the goal and objectives of the project are met.
- Create key project documents such as guidelines, questionnaires, forms, norms, criteria etc that will be used in the selection of beneficiaries and in other areas of the project.
- As project team leader, direct and supervise the daily work of all other project staff.
- As project manager, manage the budget and provide regular advise to relevant bodies regarding budgetary utilisation rates Design an effective monitoring and evaluation system for the project, including forms, questionnaires, deadlines and individual tasks and responsibilities.
- Ensure proper record keeping in line with the means of verification of the logical frame- work in the project document.
- Ensure appropriate M& E System is in place for MEAL.
- This system should be able to capture, track and provide timely information for decision making.
- Organize for relevant MEAL training for all the project staff (including data collection, analyses and reporting).
- Ensure timely compilation and submission of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual implementation reports.
- Coordinate activities for all baseline assessments, Mid-Term and end of project evaluations. This includes organizing for any necessary feedback meetings.
- Review program data collected through registers and assist program staff in understanding and acting upon that data; and Preparation of quarterly / annual activity and financial reports.
- Attend and report in the Project Advisory Committees.
- Other duties as may be required within the scope of the project and as required by the Territorial Projects Officer,
Qualifications And Attributes
- A minimum of 5 0 levels including Maths and English
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Management or Community Development Incumbent should have minimum 7 years experience in senior position involving project management for Community Development, preferably with an NGO or Community Based Organisations.
- Experience in development project management including water and sanitation initiatives. Strong background in community mobilization and use of participatory techniayes,
Excellent computer skills, including Excel.
- Advanced leadership, organizing, planning, team building and problem solving skills.
- Fluent written and verbal English language skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
A DRIVER'S LICENCE (Minimum class 4) is a MUST.
How To Apply
Interested Incumbents may send their application along with a detailed CV and proof of qualifications to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date is 15 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.