Working under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager and supporting the Financial Analyst, the Project Finance and Administration Officer’s primary role is to ensure high quality, accuracy, and consistency in offering an effective administrative support in cash management, payments processing, accounting for debtors, creditors, and assets to support the programme and timely production of financial reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
Budgeting and Planning
- Check requisitions for arithmetic accuracy and budget lines indicated for consistency with the annual program work-plans and budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and cash flow forecasts by compiling cost information from past internal records and new quotations from service providers
- Maintain and update a file for approved budgets and funds disbursements received.
- Assist with following up with Programmes on monthly activity plans & update the activity tracker in liaison with the Programme Coordinator
Cash management, debtors, and Creditors
- Issue receipts for all cash and bank of inflows and record the receipt numbers on the appropriate documents.
- Manage the petty cash; administer petty cash disbursements and prepare petty cash reconciliations.
- Provide daily updates on cash and bank balances
- Responsible for initiating Payment Vouchers for internal funds requests and vendor/supplier payments
- Ensure Payment Vouchers have adequate supporting documentation and have been completely authorised and before bank transfer instructions are raised.
- Sending payment confirmations with Procurement and Logistics, vendors and following up on invoices and receipts.
- Processing staff business advances, following up on and checking staff acquittals to ensure adequacy and completeness of supporting documentation.
- Processing staff advances through capturing acquittal journals, recording change and issuing receipts and confirming the advance accounts balances with staff.
- Reconciling staff advance accounts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial information and escalate any overdue accounts to the Financial Manager to ensure that such amounts will be cleared.
- Assist with responding to enquiries from employees on issues pertaining to acquittals.
Processing Transactions in the Accounting System and Filing
- Capturing financial transactions in the accounting software daily.
- Capture informative narrations and provide logical references for the uploaded batches before submission for review.
- Ensure all financial documents are marked PAID & POSTED and sequentially filed.
- Ensure all filed Tax Invoices are VAT claimable as per donor specific requirements; appraise and query suppliers to provide valid Tax Invoices.
- Continuously update and file supplier tax clearance certificates and terrorism checks in the accounting system.
- Capture new assets in the Fixed Assets module monthly
- Capture fuel card issues in the accounting system immediately after monthly vehicle fuel allocations have been processed by Logistics.
- Submit and file ZIMRA PAYE, Withholding Tax and NSSA returns by the 10th of every month
- Perform bank reconciliations and balance sheet account reconciliations weekly and monthly
- Obtain and check fuel log sheets, fuel receipts and fuel reports before submission to the Financial Analyst for review
- Prepare trackers for funds requests, invoices and staff advances for weekly reporting.
- Compile and submit weekly travel grant notes
- Prepare the VAT invoice schedule for review by the Financial Analyst monthly.
- Retrieval of supporting documents and submission to the Financial Analyst before sharing with auditors
- Ensure all accounting records are adequately filed back immediately after the conclusion of audits and other internal/external assessments.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or its recognized equivalent with at least 5 years relevant post qualification experience.
- Member of a recognised professional accounting body.
- Expert user Sage Evolution and Microsoft Suite
- Organizational and multitasking abilities, excellent verbal and written communication skills, reliability, ability to solve problems, analytical and strong work ethics.
- Can start immediately
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letters, CV indicating names & contacts of three professional referees and certified copies of qualification certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline: 30 November 2022
NB: The e-mail subject to clearly specify the position being applied for. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.