To facilitate the implementation of Malaria Vector Control activities in districts of Mashonaland Central province under the Global Fund New Funding Model 3 Grant by supporting Malaria vector control activities under the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC). The role encompasses coordination activities, technical support and interpretation of the National Malaria Control and Elimination Strategic Plan for 2021-2025 and ensuring adherence to set guidelines and building formal work relations with the MOHCC and other stakeholders in the areas of operation.
Duration: 3 months (Malaria Project)
Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinating district and ward level meetings on Malaria vector control
- Lead the LLINs distribution process with MOHCC in the districts
- Compilation of periodic and activity reports for the district.
- Facilitate timely resource allocation to district and ward level MOHCC structures for programme implementation in full compliance with donor requirements.
- Processing cash advance requests, allowances, petty cash requests and preparing and submission of reconciliations
- Cash allowances payments for Malaria vector control activities
- Implement capacity-building activities for MOHCC staff for the Continuous LLIN Distribution strategy including on-job mentorship.
- Processing fuel requests, fuel reconciliations and maintaining the fuel register for fuel issued
- Printing Malaria training materials, filing documents and maintaining records
- Scheduling vehicle service and processing travel arrangements.
Qualifications And Experience
- BSc in Environmental Health /Public Health/Health Education & Health Promotion.
- At least 3 years of experience working in public health programming.
- Knowledge of program implementation, project management and evaluation.
- Good Computer and database management skills, document review and report writing skills
- A team player with, the ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional, fast-paced environments with the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Willingness to travel within Zimbabwe and work in remote areas.
- Honesty and personal integrity, emotional maturity and ability to adjust to harsh working conditions
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence (a must)
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/job/Project-Field-Assistant--Malaria-_R8462-1?locationCountry=db69eabc446c11de98360015c5e6daf6
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.