Children Support Trust is a recent national development NGO based in (Mutare) Zimbabwe. Its programming targets children who are victims of separation and divorce. Children Support Trust programing thematic areas are mainly child development and protection; quality accessible, safe and inclusive education, SRH for young men and women, gender normative transformation; household economic skills and empowerment support. Children Support Trust is on its inception seeks the services that are voluntary at the moment in the above fields
Reporting to: The Executive Director
Purpose of the position:
We are looking for a knowledgeable PC who will be responsible for projects programing and designing that is sensitive to humanitarian ethics. The office holder will be responsible for feasibility assessments and proposal development. The candidate should have extensive abilities to manage number of projects.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead a multi-disciplinary professional team in project implementation in close collaboration with major partners and stakeholders
- Ensure all team members clearly understand and carry out their duties in accordance with personal work-plans, humanitarian principles, core values and the Code of Conduct
- Ensure existing human resources needs are fully assessed, identified, described and communicated, in collaboration with the HR.
- Promote productive work environment respectful of the Code of Conduct with zero tolerance for verbal and physical abuse or discrimination against other persons on the grounds of race, colour, sex or creed.
- Ensure all team members are fully briefed on all aspects of victims of separation and divorce, security, social and cultural norms and local conditions and behaviour.
- Create the conditions to ensure effective teamwork and morale is strictly observed.
- Conduct periodic performance appraisals of team members and provide timely feedback.
- Ensure logistical resources demands are fully assessed, identified, described and communicated
- Identify training needs and work with HR department to develop and implement relevant training plans.
- Communicate effectively on usage, procedures and relevant communications protocols to all emergency response team.
- Lead in the development and proposal writing of humanitarian and rehabilitation projects in line with areas of programming distinctiveness of the organisation.
- Coordinate effectively the development of all project implementation plans and budgets within the framework of the agreed emergency response programme and strategy.
- Ensure effective budget management at field level, including correct coding of expenses and adherence to CST financial management guidelines and donor requirements.
- Coordinate the designing/development of response to the needs of our target dividend projects and ensure projects are effectively implemented, monitored/reviewed, evaluated and progress and final reports are timely compiled and shared with CST lead Management
- Provide continuous technical and organizational support and capacity building to field team partners and stakeholders.
- Make regular visits to field to provide field staff support and address programmatic challenges.
- Ensure the MERLI LEAD, the Executive Director, and Team Leaders are kept informed about assessment progress, implementation and strategies, project plans, progress reports, and other significant developments;
- Ensure different thematic/sectoral activities are implemented in a coordinated and integrated manner;
- Ensure all project activities are conducted in accordance with the agreed work-plans and proposals
- Assist and advise the CST with securing donor funding for projects.
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGO’s, UN agencies, local government, bilateral and multilateral donors, and other principle stakeholders.
- Ensure that the Donor and Government reporting is done and submitted on time in accordance with their reporting template and within their reporting schedule.
- Coordinate and support local level assessments, surveys and other studies and assist proposal development to finance projects
- Support pragmatic project design and proposal for institutional and public funding
- Maintain on-going surveillance of the developing humanitarian situations and in consultation with the Team Leaders and The Executive Director
Qualifications And Experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Social Sciences, Arts or Humanities i.e Development studies, Social Work, Sociology or other related fields is required
- A post graduate qualification is an added advantage
- Relevant experience, Proposal writing, programing and managing budgets
How To Apply
Interested candidates can submit application letter together with detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 17 August 2022.
Please indicate the position being applied for on the subject of your email e.g Digital Communications and Publicity Coordinator.
Kindly note that shortlisting will be done on rolling basis. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Children support trust is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and does not discriminate in terms of race, ethnic background, colour, creed, gender, sexual orientation, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
The successful candidate will undergo relevant background checks and will be required to commit in writing to comply with the Children Support trust safeguarding procedure