Under the Target, Accelerate and Sustain Quality Care (TASQC) for HIV Epidemic Control program, the Program Assistant is responsible for project documentation, distribution of project/program reports, OPHID website and other organizational materials. With direction from Technical Director, he/she will support TASQC Programs Planning, Implementation Support and Review. They may be assigned to support small research or design projects to support to one or more staff members regarding project and programmatic efforts.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to the Chief of Party (COP) and Technical Director focusing on organizing and maintaining calendars, ensuring prompt and orderly communications, composing communications as needed, setting up meetings (technical & programs) and assisting the COP &TD to prepare to participate or officiate at these meetings and leadership attention to critical issues.
- Supports the COP & TD to coordinate and track the TASQC activities.
- Maintain the TASQC calendar for events, internal and external meetings.
- Minute taking during weekly Program team meetings, monthly DPMT meetings, Programs adhoc meeting USAID management meetings as well as during TASQC external meetings.
- Prepare program documentation that is accessible and user friendly plus supporting translation into local languages.
- Preparation of program visibility materials e.g., Brochure’s t-shirts, pamphlets, and newsletters for World Health Days
- Compile content for the OPHID website and maintain social media platforms
- Distribution of organization and program materials
- Preparing for exhibitions and other media events.
- Support the TASQC programs team in arranging for, coordination and facilitating review meetings, trainings, assist in the development for the Agendas for these activities as well as making travel and accommodation arrangements for the participants in conjunction with procurement team.
- Be part of the PEPFAR Communications technical working group for HIV programming communication.
- Assist PAC Manager with review and preparation of the Annual Work Plans
- Support the PAC Manager in the development of communications plan for the TASQC program ensuring behavioural interventions are integrated into the project
- Support the PAC Manager in the development of IEC material for the TASQC project’s target audience.
Qualifications And Experience
- A degree in public health or related field
- A postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of two years’ experience and demonstrated practical skills in HIV and AIDS, TB, care, and support programs
- Proficiency and competency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and online collaboration technologies
- Willingness to work flexible hours, as needed.
- Strong work ethic coupled with enthusiastic and passionate approach to work with an ability to multi-task and to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Proficiency in usual desktop software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) a requisite
- Experience in use of knowledge management and information archival systems is an asset.
How To Apply
Step 1: To Apply Use Link: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=WlmQhW79gUuVjjht-RnVEXacQIO5jY1Cg1MFcuPP97BUM0o3RlA0UVFYWlZYTk40NEM0VFRaTUEzWi4u and Complete the Application Form.
Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: email@example.com clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.