Lupane State University The university was established through an act of the Zimbabwe parliament in 2004 and opened its doors to 14 pioneer students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences in August 2005. The expansion of university education in Zimbabwe is part of government policy adopted at the onset of independence.Head Office (Lupane Campus) P.O Box 170 Lupanehttp://www.lsu.ac.zw/
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following posts: Professorship/Associate Professorship/Senior Lectureship/Lectureship : Information Technology
Duties And Responsibilities
Department of Information Technology Post D: Information Technology Temporary Fulltime (1 Year) Professorship/Associate Professorship/Senior Lectureship/Lectureship (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate must be capable of supervising undergraduate students’ research work, assess students on industrial attachment and should be able to teach any four (4) of the following modules at undergraduate level:-
- Information Systems Auditing, Information Security, Application Integration, Information Systems Strategy, and Mobile Application Development, Virtual Reality, Human Computer Integration, Network and Server Administration.
- Attract and manage research grants.
- Participating in outreach activities in the Information Technology sector.
- Participation in income generation.
- Ability to innovate and facilitate service delivery.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Experience
Prospective candidates must possess an MSc degree in Information
- Technology/Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent with a Merit or better,
- BSc Hons degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent with a 2.1 or better;
- with considerable teaching and research experience and a proven record of publications in refereed scientific journals.
- A PhD will be an added advantage.
- The Faculty of Engineering and Applied Sciences places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment.
- Candidates should possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A good command of both the oral and written English Language is essential.
- Candidates must also be;
- Able to contribute significantly to the teaching, research and curriculum development.
- Able to facilitate student centred learning.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should consist of the application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, transcripts and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.