Africa University, a Pan-African United Methodist - Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic positions that have arisen within the College of Health, Agriculture and Natural Sciences:
Reporting to the Head of Department, the Lecturer in Public Health is expected to carry out the responsibilities of teaching students in the Department of Public Health, spearhead cutting edge research, community outreach, industrialization and innovation.
Duties And Responsibilitie
- Develop and deliver teaching material for epidemiology-related courses inclusive of Advanced Epidemiology, Health Statistics, Outbreak Investigation and others as assigned by the HOD or Dean.
- Assessing students in the taught disciplines.
- Conduct research and publish in the area of public health.
- Undertaking the supervision of research projects and dissertations for both undergraduate and graduate students in all programmes in the department.
- Develop and implement outreach programs with the team in the department.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to teaching and learning in the programme.
- To work with the College team in the development of new modules, programmes and innovative teaching, in line with the Higher Education Qualification Framework structures (ZIMCHE).
- Community engagement and service.
- Developing concepts that lead to industrialization and innovation.
Qualifications And Experience
- PhD in a Public Health related field.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health - Epidemiology or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health-related field.
- Commitment to the maintenance of high standards of ethical behavior among staff and students.
- A strong record of relevant teaching, research and publications in reputable and peer reviewed journals.
How To Apply
Applications together with copies of curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 08 August 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.