The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced professionals to fill the vacant post(s) that have arisen within the University. Department Of Tourism And Hospitality.
Stations: National Centre (2 Posts), Matabeleland North (1 Post), Bulawayo Regional Campus (1 Post), Masvingo Regional Campus (1 Post), Manicaland Regional Campus (1 Post), And Mashonaland West Regional Campus (1 Post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading in the development and launching of new programmes.
- Developing and producing distance Teaching and Open Learning materials including writing modules.
- Developing, designing, outlining, reviewing or rebranding a minimum of one (1) programme per year.
- Able to conduct a minimum of two (2) tutorials per semester.
- Carrying out research and creative work.
- Promoting the University wide initiatives.
- Establishing partnerships with industry and local communities.
- Engaging in community service;Interfacing with other Faculties.
- Engaging in University service and
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Chairperson of the Department or Dean of the Faculty.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Tourism and Hospitality.
- Bachelor of Science Honours in Tourism and Hospitality is a must.
- Possession of a PhD in Tourism and Hospitality is an added advantage.
- Experience of working in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry is an added advantage.
- Ability to teach Chinese, German, Portuguese, Spanish or French is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in an institution of Higher Learning is a requirement;Knowledge of distance education would be an added advantage and
- Computer literacy a must.
How to Apply
To Apply please visit the Zimbabwe Open University website: www.zou.ac.zw under Vacancies or email@example.com and register to be able to apply online.
Deadline: 28 January 2023