MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY ENTERPRISE DIVISION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
PRODUCTION MANAGER (Chemical Manufacturing Unit)
To provide strategic direction and leadership to the entire plant operation with the object of continuously improving operational efficiency and excellence and, initiating cost containment measures. Develop astute leadership that ensures a sustainable zero-loss work culture in terms of health and safety and, operational process flows. Manage all aspects of a 24/7 plant operation ensuring adherence to set budgets, whilst thriving for continuous improvement by engaging relevant internal stakeholders. Directs, administers, and coordinates the activities of the organization commensurate with policies, goals, and objectives of the organisation.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Create a conducive working environment for productivity in order to achieve set targets and; immediate and long term goals.
- Promoting flexible and open mind-sets to new opportunities.
- Manage the departmental budgets and ensure allocation of attendant resources
- Effectively executing the strategic plan and direction for all production initiatives.
- Optimize production operations through the strategic management and/or deployment of available resources.
- Identify opportunities in order to exploit full plant capacity utilisation
- Ensure training and development of staff in order to enhance their competencies for the benefit of the business unit.
- Ensure adherence to safety, health and environment regulations, standard operating procedures and, GMP operating principles.
- Continuous assessment of manufacturing procedures and process flows and equipment thereof, to ensure integrity and efficiency, in collaboration with Engineering and Quality sections.
- Ensure GMP compliance and inspection readiness for product manufacturing operations at all times.
- Provides overall leadership in planning, organising, leading and controlling the production function.
Qualifications And Experience
- Must have a BSc degree in Process Engineering/ Technology or related field.
- At least 2 years relevant experience.
Skills And Competence
- Excellent communication and business presentation skills
- Good working knowledge of computer software applications in AutoCAD, Access, PowerPoint, Excel Spreadsheets and MSWord
- Wide knowledge of production processes and scheduling
- Strong analytical, man-management and conceptual skills
- Sound knowledge of health and safety systems
How To Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.