A vacancy has arisen for the above position at a mining company. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be expected, inter alia, to discharge the following:
- Leading production manpower at the Mine to achieve the company objective in terms of maximizing product output to generate revenue while controlling efficiencies and production expenditure to maintain viability.
- Preparation of annual production budgets and plans and achievement of the budgeted/planned targets
- Achievement of monthly/quarterly and annual production targets.
- Achievement of safety and quality targets for the production function
- Liaising with the Marketing Department to establish customer needs and organizing operations to fulfil them.
- Liaising closely with the service departments and other external organizations and co-ordinate adequate resources and capacity to meet promised customer requirements.
- Adherence to various statutory regulations relating to the operations of the plant and continuous improvement of all systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- A B.Sc. degree in chemical engineering, process technology, minerals processing or any related field.
- Have at least five years post qualification experience in a heavy process industry, preferably chemical or mzining environment.
- Be mature, self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities and possess good communication and interaction skills
- Knowledge of SHEQ management systems is essential
How To Apply
Only candidates that meet prerequisite qualifications and experience are invited to send applications accompanied by comprehensive CVs and copies of certificates to the following e-mail address by no later than 25 March 2022: