Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post.
Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to the Procurement Specialist the person will be responsible for:
- Receiving requisitions from user departments
- Scrutiny of requisition for completeness of specification and assisting user departments in crafting proper specifications.
- Requesting for quotations through the Electronic Request for Quotation (ERFQ) system.
- Preparing system based priced requisitions, for onwards transmission to Planning office for authorization.
- Carrying out Audit observed, Electronic Quotation Box (EQB) opening.
- Preparing of a Cost Comparative Schedule (CCS), for onwards transmission to the Procurement Specialist.
- Price benchmarking using reputable, competitive suppliers.
- Conversion of purchase requisition into purchase orders
- Expediting, processing and delivery of orders.
- Filing of procurement proceedings and records.
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- A degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of one year relevant work experience.
- Should have good oral and written communication skills.
- Should be a good team player.
- Attention to detail in execution of work is required.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Closing date for applications is 04 August 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.