Job Title : Procurement Officer
Reporting to : Senior Associate Procurement
Department : Finance
Location : Westgate
About Higherlife Foundation
Higherlife Foundation (Higherlife) is a social impact organization that invests in human capital to build thriving individuals, communities, and sustainable livelihoods. Founded by Strive and Tsitsi Masiyiwa in 1996, the Foundation was first launched in Zimbabwe and has since spread its footprint to Lesotho, Burundi, Rwanda, Swaziland, South Africa, and Kenya. Higherlife Foundation implements projects in Education; Health; Rural Transformation and Sustainable Livelihoods; and Disaster Relief and Preparedness impacting millions of lives in the communities it serves.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
To procure goods and services for the organisation in line with policy and procedures.
- Identifies suppliers for goods and services and recommends to Senior Associate Procurement.Raises purchase orders in the system and send to finance for payment.
- Engages and negotiates price discounts with suppliers.
- Completes supplier selection in the system based on price, quality and availability of goods and services and submits to Senior Associate Procurement.
- Receives and checks completeness and quality of goods and services.
- Conducts quarterly supplier assessments and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Resolves supplier queries and escalates outstanding queries to Senior Associate Procurement.
- Identifies unlisted key suppliers and recommends to Senior Associate Procurement for listing or considerations
Qualifications and Competencies
- 2 to 4 years of experience in related fieldHND in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent in Related Field.
- Good analytical skillsBe adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, multi skilled & able to interact at senior level.Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://recruitment.econet.co.zw/job/procurement-officer/