Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above-mentioned position which has become vacant in the Town Clerk's Office.
DEPARTMENT _. TOWN CLERK
REPORTING TO : THE PROCUREMENT MANAGER
Duties And Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the procurement Manager in Preparing Annual and Individual Procurement plans in line with the organization's annual budget.
- Liaising with the Procurement Regulatory Authority on issues relating to Procurement.
- Ensuring compliance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act (Chapter 22-23) as read with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (General) Regulations SI5 of 2018.
- Championing the development and the implementation of the procurement plan for Council.
- Assisting the procurement manager and managing all procurement and contract (tenders).
- Adopting appropriate procuring methods
- Monitoring stock levels and place orders when required.
- Verification of the PRAZ Certificates from different suppliers on the PRAZ Portal.
- Sourcing quotations from PRAZ Registered suppliers.
- Preparing bidding documents in compliance with provisions of the Procurement Act.
- Assisting the Procurement Manager in Designing the contract specifications and evaluation criteria.
- Preparing bid notices and shortlists.
- Assisting the Procurement Manager in the bidding processes, bidding meetings, clarifications and the receipt and opening of bids.
Qualifications And Experience
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience
- HND in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent.
- A post-graduation qualification is an added advantage.
- Membership of a professional board is a requirement.
- minimum of 3 years work experience in the relevant field.
- A clean criminal record.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit detailed CVs with certified copies of qualifications to the Office of The Chamber Secretary not later than Monday 21 March 2022.
CITY OF GWERU MUNICIPAL BUILDING
CIVIC CENTRE GARDENS
CORNER ROBERT MUGABE WAY AND 8TH STREET
P.0. BOX 278,GWERU
V.D CHIKWEKWE ACTING TOWN CLERK