Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following position that has arisen within council:
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the job holder will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the procurement of goods and services for council in line with procurement laws and regulations
- Leading the Procurement Management Unit
- Preparing and maintaining annual procurement plans for council
- Advising the Accounting Officer on procurement matters
- Preparing periodic procurement reports for the Accounting Officer
- Maintaining records on all procurement proceedings and related matters.
- Preparing bidding documents in accordance with the law
- Supervising staff in the procurement section
- Any other duties assigned
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate should a holder of a minimum of:
- At least 5 "0" Level passes including English Language and Mathematics at grade C or better
- A Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and supply from a reputable institution.
- A relevant degree and professional qualification are added advantages,
- Computer Literacy,
- At least 30 years of age
- At least 3 years' relevant experience
- Aclean Class 4 driver's licence No Criminal Record
How to apply
Qualifying interested candidates should submit detailed application letters together with curriculum vitae and certified copies of their educational and professional qualifications, birth certificate, national identity card and driver's licence to the address indicated below.
Applicants may send their applications through either the post office or by e-mail to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Vungu Rural District Council
P.O. Box 936
NB: Vungu Rural District Council is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.