The Authority is seeking a highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean national to fill the position of Procurement Officer under the Corporate Services Department to be based at Kariba Office, Zimbabwe.
The candidate to provide procurement and logistics services which meet the requirements of the Authority in a timely and cost effective manner, under the supervision of the Manager-Procurement.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Analyse authorised requisitions from user departments, guide and assist user departments to develop specifications, develop relevant evaluation criteria and issue Requests for Quotations/Invitations to Bids/Requests for Proposals documents.
- Identify sources of supply to meet specifications using local and international sources.
- Evaluate quotations and tenders taking into consideration relevant criteria and ability to comply with terms and conditions.
- Negotiate contracts in preparation for awards.
- Prepare Purchase Orders in Systems Applications and Products (SAP), draft contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Expedite the delivery of goods and services within the contractual lead times.
- Monitor supply market trends in terms of new sources of supply and pricing structures.
- Coordinate clearing of shipments with customs at ports of entry and exit.
- Supervise subordinates in execution of their duties.
Qualifications And Experience
- Five (5) "0" levels with Cs or better including Mathematics, English and any Science subject
- Full GIPS or Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Three (3) years of relevant experience
- Computer skills for procurement information processing
- Knowledge of SAP is a must
- A holder of a valid driver's license with at least two (2) years' experience in driving.
- Analytical Skills, Team Player, Innovative, Communication Skills, Results Oriented, Quality Oriented
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Permanent and Pensionable Please take notice that in a quest to ensure that the Authority achieves one of its strategic goals regarding Workplace Gender Equity and Equality, female candidates are encouraged to APPLY.
How To Apply
Written application letters together with detailed CVs and certified copies of certificates and Driver's License should he forwarded to:
The Senior Manager-Human Resource and Administration,Zambezi River Authority, Harare Office, 4th Floor, Club Chambers, Corner N. Mandela/3rd Street, Harare
Kariba Office, Administration Block, 21 Lake Drive, Kariba.
Closing Date: 07 September 2022
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted