Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post.
Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director Procurement the person will be responsible for:
- All general purchases.
- Supervision of Procurement Specialists for general purchases.
- Ensuring cost effective procurement through use of competitive suppliers and price benchmarking.
- Production of portfolio specific reports from time to time and as requested.
- Assisting in procurement, planning and preparation of the institution annual procurement plans, quarterly and monthly procurement reports.
- The smooth functioning of all Procurement Information Communication Systems (PICS), with the support of the university ICT department.
- Attending Procurement Management Unit meeting and other university meetings as assigned by the Director Procurement
- Scrutinizing and approving cost comparative schedules from Procurement Officers
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Purchasing/Supply Chain Management.
- A professional qualification in Purchasing/Supply Chain Management (CIPS, HEXCO and ICM etc.) is a must
- A minimum of three years relevant experience.
- Should have excellent oral and written skills.
- Attention to detail in execution of work is a requirement.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Closing date for applications is 04 August 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.