Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above-mentioned position which has become vacant in the Town Clerk's Office.
A Procurement Clerk is a professional position where one is expected and required to obtain price quotes from suppliers based on the various purchase requests within an organization and preparing purchase orders in line with the provisions of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act [Chapter 22:23] and related legislation in an effective economic and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing purchase orders on behalf of the organization.
- Keeping track of purchase orders for the organization.
- Creating and maintaining purchasing files and price lists.
- Tracking deliveries and making sure that the organization receive exactly what was ordered from suppliers.
- Implementing the procurement plan for Council.
- Tracking all procurement and contracts (tenders).
- Advising correctly and timeously the Procurement Officer on all procurement issues.
- Adopting appropriate procuring methods.
- Preparing bidding documents in compliance with provisions of the ProcurementAct.
- Tracking bid notices and shortlists.
- Administering bidding processes, bidding meetings, clarifications and the receipt and opening of bids.
- Keeping procurement reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- A successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience
- National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply.
- A post-Diploma qualification or higher qualification is an added advantage.
- Membership of a professional board is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the relevant field.
- Aclean criminal record.
Personal Skills And Attributes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- Ability and willingness to meet tight deadlines and work longs hours when required.
- Ability to act in utmost confidentiality, honesty, reliability and responsibility.
- Ability to ensure that each procurement decision is based on adequate information to the extent that it is available and is made in good faith, for a proper purpose in accordance with the Procurement.
- Act in the best interest of Council.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work in teams demonstrating patience and flexibility.
How to Apply
In return.Council offers: A competitive salary; Generous leave days; Contributory Pension and MedicalAid
Interested candidates should submit detailed CVs with certified copies of qualifications to the Office of The Chamber Secretary.
City Of Gweru
Civic Centre Gardens
Corner Robert Mugabe Way And 8th Street
P. O. Box 278
TEL. 0254 224071-9
V.D Chikwekwe: Acting Town Clerk
Deadline: 06 February 2023